Here are a few things to remember about maintain a functional and applicable environmental, health and safety program:
- Be sure that you have a written program with documented procedures;
- Avoid generic language when it should be specific to your circumstances;
- Keep it brief and to the point;
- Periodically review and update your program elements with an eye on improvement;
- Ensure that your EHS program elements stay current. Be aware of internal and external changes such as roll-out of new equipment and/or process and/or changes to regulatory requirements and make program modifications as necessary
- Incorporate your program elements into your employee awareness and training program. A great written plan that is not understood or applied is pretty useless. Likewise your plan elements should exist as living documents that are a ready reference and resource.
Of course, this is what we do; prepare, revise, implement and improve EHS programs. Ask us how we can assist.